During quarter 1, students in Ms. Alt’s class learned about different Fairy Tales and Tall Tales during Core Knowledge. Some stories they read were “The Fisherman and His Wife”, “The Emperor’s New Clothes”, “Beauty and the Beast”, and “Paul Bunyan” Students were able to:
- Describe different story elements including characters, settings, and plot.
- Define rigorous vocabulary
- Compare and contrast different versions of fairy tales.
- Identify exaggerations.
- Use information from illustrations to support learning.
- Make personal and real world connections to text.
- Engage in meaningful conversations with peers about learning.
The students are having a blast revisiting classic fairy tales and learning real world skills along the way!